EARTH (Khon)This form is the last movement of the ten forms. It represents the Earth and is negative in its nature. This form allows the energy (chi) that has been exercised through other forms to be circulated up and down the spine.
- Engaging the world with honesty (Tiến thân chân thật)
- Retreating with no unfinished matters (Thoái thân liễu nghiệp)
- The earth correlates with the first exercise, the Heaven
- This exercise is very gentle movement, total awareness of body movement
- The principle of earth is yin or negative polarity
Points of attention
- Mind focuses at the center point of the imaginary globe between the two hands
- Back kept straight and vertical throughout the movement
- Body: slowly move back and forth with head at the same level, not moving up and down. Imagine as if one is sitting on a chair shifting forward and backward.
- Arms remain relaxed; do not tense up when drawing close to the body.