TORTOISEThe tortoise exercises the crown chakra (chakra 7) and is positive in its nature. The tortoise can submerge deeply under the vast ocean representing our spiritual world that is unfathomable. The tortoise can also moves to the shallow waters and on the shore. Practicing this form allows us to develop superior consciousness and wisdom of the non-duality of the dharma.
- Go upstream learning the dharma (Nghịch lưu học đạo)
- Go upstream performing the dharma (Nghịch lưu hành đạo)
- Join the world selflessly (Nhập thế xả mình)
- Join the world helping others (Nhập thế giúp nguời)
- The image is to encompass the whole universe. The tortoise is a sea creature that can dive to the very bottom of the sea, which is symbolizing the consciousness and the sub-consciousness.
Points of attention
- Move the hands in large, full circles
- Relax the arms
- The shoulder on the same side as the leading foot is slightly more forward than the other shoulder. Consequently, one hand would reach slightly further than the other.